Saturday, November 24, 2007

Jerusalem Sunrise; Earthquakes; and SPNI


Wednesday night, November 21st, we had thunderstorms in Jerusalem. I even saw lightening go from the "east to the west". For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Matthew 24:27. The next morning I was up very early and saw the storm clouds moving on to the east. I thought when the sun comes up that could make a good photo. Above and below are the two pictures I took. The scripture that immediately came to mind was "the Bright and Morning Star". “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.” Revelation 22:16. I was grateful to be up early and see the vastness and greatness of His creation

Earlier in the week on Tuesday morning, I was nursing a "cold" and has stayed home in order not to spread it around CFI. While sitting at the computer and typing an email to my daughter, Elizabeth, suddenly the apartment building began shaking. I thought, "get out of town, it's an earthquake". I finished my email then thought I would check the Israeli press later. This is what the Jerusalem Post printed: A minor earthquake was felt throughout Israel at approximately 11:20 a.m. Tuesday. The quake, which lasted only a few seconds, was measured at 4.2 on the Richter scale and its epicenter was in the Dead Sea, Israel Radio reported. There were no reports of injured or damage. The Dead Sea would be directly east of my apartment about 10 miles. Below is a photo of The Dead Sea that JPost ran with their article. However, in a subsequent email to Elizabeth I noted other Biblical "quakes" that will occur in the near future: For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: ‘Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. Ezekiel 38:19 Hopefully we will not be around for that one. The LORD also will roar from Zion, And utter His voice from Jerusalem; The heavens and earth will shake; But the LORD will be a shelter for His people, And the strength of the children of Israel. Joel 3:16. There are many scriptures about the wrath of God to come in the future. Here's one more: For thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Once more I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the LORD of hosts. Haggai 2:6-7. This morning at congregation I found out there was a second quake centered at the Dead Sea around 4:00am this morning. I slept through that one.

During the upcoming Christmas holidays, I have made some reservations to go up to northern Israel for a few days. I'm going to stay at a guest farm where I took Kay horseback riding by the Sea of Galilee in 1998. My plans are to take some photos for CFI's Wall of Prayer of various towns, villages, kibbutzim, and moshavim. I wanted to get a current map of Israel for the trip. Last Sunday, I went to the Society for Preservation of Nature in Israel (SPNI) to get a map. They have a lot of different maps for hiking trails, camping out, nature parks, etc. They also have a very secluded little garden area that is really pretty. Here are some photos from SPNI:

Above and below just ancient hand-made wooden devices of some sort.

Below is an Olive Oil Press. I knew this one. Up by the Sea of Galilee, you see a few of these at Kfar Nahum (Capernaum) where the Lord Jesus spent so much of His time during His ministry. The word Gethsemane means "oil press". The night of His betrayal, the Lord Jesus was praying in the "Garden of Oil Presses". You don't see them in Jerusalem unless you know where to look.

Below bougenvillea with a castle like building in the background.

Blooming flowers in November.

Below bougenvillea growing up the side of another castle-like structure.

Below are some flowers at the entrance to the courtyard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gooԁ daу Ι am sо glaԁ I found
your webраge, I really found you by еrгor, ωhile I wаs bгowѕіng on Google foг something else,
Anyways I am here now and would just like tо sаy chеeгѕ fοr a tгemendous post and a all
round interesting blog (I also lovе the theme/dеsign), I don’t
have time to brоwse it all at the moment but I have ѕavеd it and аlso added
in your RSЅ feeds, ѕo when I hаνe time I will be back to read a
lοt mοгe, Ρleaѕe ԁo κeеp
up the ѕuρeгb work.

Here is mу site - Dallas Tx Car Insurance

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted tο аsk if уou ever hаve аny issues with hackегs?
My laѕt blоg (wordpress) was hacked and I enԁed up lοsing mοnths of hагd worκ due to no back up.
Do you haѵe аny solutionѕ to stop hackers?


My web sіte irving taxi service