Saturday, October 3, 2009

Weekend Rest in the Galilee

Just in case my visa is not renewed on October 22nd, I thought I would make one more weekend trip to the Galilee. Kibbutz Kfar Haruv is located on the Golan Heights. From there and only there, you can see entire Sea of Galilee from tip to tip. I had been there a few times but never stayed overnight. Below is the sunset over the Galilee from the Golan Heights.

The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets. Psalm 50:1.

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised. Psalm 113:3.



As the sun was going down. It's tough to take photos into the sun. It was easier to simply enjoy the view.

Kibbutz Kfar Haruv calls their weekend cabin retreat Peace Vista Country Lodge.

However, all the front row cabins were booked when I called. For a few shekels more, I could have suite close by that still had the view of the Galilee.

This is my view from the inside the "cabin suite". Tough job but somebody has to do it.

Just outside the suite.





Sitting on my patio, there were plenty of doves and other birds coming and going.

I believe this is a yellow lilly just beside my patio. I had to reach over the railing to take the photo "blind". I was surprised that my feet were not in the photo.



Patio view while sitting in my chair.





These look like Indian Paint Brushes in Texas. Just outside my patio.

From my patio. At the end of the flowers is the edge of the Golan Heights. You can see the wake of a boat on the Galilee in the background.
The land next to the Galilee in this photo is Kibbutz En Gev. Between 1948 and 1967, Kibbutz En Gev was frequently attacked by Syrian mortars and snipers from the Golan Heights. It would make absolutely no sense to give the Golan Heights back to Syria which is what the world would like to have happen. God gave the Land (His Land) to the Jews, the descendants of Abraham,, Isaac, and Jacob. He has remembered His covenant forever, The word which He commanded to a thousand generations, The covenant which He made with Abraham, And His oath to Isaac. Then He confirmed it to Jacob for a statute, To Israel as an everlasting covenant, Saying, "To you I will give the land of Canaan As the portion of your inheritance," Psalm 105:8-11 From God's perspective, nothing has changed. His Word will be fulfilled and will come to pass.

These geese must have taken off from the water far below. They were flying in a circular pattern spiralling upward. Once they got to their desired height, I am sure they headed south.



The Lord Jesus came back to this area after His Crucifixtion, Burial, and Resurrection. "But after I have been raised, I will go ahead of you to Galilee." Matthew 26:32.

Looking to the north end of the Sea of Galilee, where a significant portion of the ministry of the Lord Jesus occurred. ... "Why do you seek the living One among the dead? He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee, saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again." Luke 24:5-7.

Similar photo taken early the next morning as fishermen were getting out on the Galilee just like two thousand years ago. As He was going along by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew, the brother of Simon, casting a net in the sea; for they were fishermen. And Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men." Mark 1:16-17


No comments: